Produced by Grammy and Juno award nominated Joby Baker, Daisy's self-titled work features her songwriting prowess, vocal chops and stellar guitar work.
Lauded as being "insanely talented" by live music venues (their words, not ours) Daisy Blue does not believe the praise for one second.
She's grinded in seedy clubs, cafes, festivals and large venues around the world and regards her abilities as "a result of focus, obsession and absolute uncompromising mindset to achieve... everything".
Her self-titled release proves she is a force to be reckoned with and is released on LAWLESS+UNCOMMON RECORDS.
Daisy Blue is a Canadian Female Songsmith, Voxist and Guitar Slinger.
Her albums 'Sparrow In A Cyclone', ‘mellowtonia’(ep) and her latest Self-Titled are produced by Grammy and Juno nominated Joby Baker (Alex Cuba, Rufus, Cowboy Junkies, The Weakerthans, Mae Moore) and released on Lawless+Uncommon Records.
Extensive touring has brought her through Canada, Iceland, Holland, Germany, Belgium and the US.
Her band's first album 'Flambescence' won an ARIA award for Best Folk Album and their second release 'Fortissimo' earned them Entertainers of the Year at the Prairie Music Awards. Selected from 4,000 other acts, Painting Daisies won CBC’s Great Canadian Music Dream (Nominated for a Gemini Award) and CBC's Galaxie Rising Star award. They went on to release a third album 'Phonography', produced by Juno and Grammy nominated Joby Baker and recorded at Randy Bachman’s (The Guess Who/BTO) studio.
- CANADIAN TRIVIAL PURSUIT CARD
- FOLK ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- ENTERTAINERS OF THE YEAR
- GREAT CANADIAN MUSIC DREAM WINNER (4,000 acts competed)
- NOMINATED FOR A GEMINI (BEST TV SPECIAL)
- GALAXIE RISING STAR AWARD (CBC)
- SCOUTED BY THE US NATIONAL JUDO TEAM (SERIOUSLY)
- HARD ROCK CASINO LOGO DESIGN CONTEST (SHORTLISTED, FINAL 3)
- HIGH-LEVEL POST-SECONDARY ATHLETE NOMINATED FOR A "DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI" AWARD AT MACEWAN UNIVERSITY
- CHOSEN FOR BELL MEDIA'S CANADIAN SONGWRITER CHALLENGE
- TWO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AWARDS FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN